Home Decorating Contest

Send me your ideas, or photos of ideas that you think will work for my naked spaces in the new house. If I choose your design, you will win a free night stay including parking, breakfast and free wifi at my house.  I know, its a sweet prize and millions and millions of people will enter.
Join the cause, save me from decorating ruts.


This is the entry area in need of assistance. I'm not concerned with the stairs at this moment so focus on the wall on the first floor side of the stairs.
It is just past the main entryway on the way to the kitchen and family room.


This is our family room. The couches will have grey covers and that coffee table thing is way too small.  We are open to adding a chair or two.  Oh and the clogs and piles of junk in the corner will not be staying.  They are just evidence that our house is still topsy turvy.


This area is located in the eat-in area of the kitchen on the border of the above pictured family room.  There are currently a bunch of bottles and crates there, they don't have to stay, just needed a home in order to get stuff out of boxes.  The crockpot is also just hanging out waiting to be returned, darn thing was dented and I noticed upon unpacking it last night.  


And the grand poobah of decorating  disaster - the office.  This space needs to incorporate 2 computers and this book shelf.  This is where the boys will use their computer and I will use mine. Everything else is just hiding in here.  My first thought is to buy another similar desk to the one on the right but I don't feel like that will really look complete.  Large old door as one giant desk?  I really don't want to spend a fortune on this desk situation but I do want it to look presentable.

Have fun decorating my house!

Comments

Allison said…
1. Hang up your big world map under the stairs, unless it's already elsewhere. Or do the collage of bulletin boards with your travel pictures.

2. Hang a shelf or two above the eat-in kitchen area. Maybe a wine rack that you can hang glasses from.

3. Living room: don't put the couches smack up next to the walls. How do you feel about an L-shape, with a square coffee table, and a funky chair off-setting it?

4. Office. You could get a salvaged table or two somewhere for under $200 I'd imagine. Oooh, paint it up and gloss-ify it and you'd have something really cool.

Also, a lot of interior deisgn shops have small fees for quick consults. It'd be worth it to pick someone's brain and use their contacts for say, locating a salvaged door.

Good luck!

Popular Posts