Found Baby

I was reading an article online a few moments ago about a baby abandoned on the side of the road in Afghanistan.  The child was found by Polish troops, taken to a local military hospital and is now safe from harm.
When I read articles or hear stories about abandoned, abused or aborted babies it makes me so sad.  Not just for the babies, that their life began by being tossed aside like trash, but sad for myself and the thousands of people who would have loved to take that baby off someone's hands.
Matt and I have often talked about wanting to adopt but we just haven't been in the position financially or shall I said we didn't want to make the financial commitment to pursue it seriously.  I have honestly had fleeting thoughts about just walking up on a baby and the powers that be decide it should be mine.
I realize people have all kinds of excuses for treating these precious miracles so horribly wrong, but none of them are good enough for me.  I remember looking at my boys when they were those precious little babies and not wanting to look away because of how amazing they were.  Not because they are particularly awesome, but because they were knit together by a unfathomable mix of God's hands and splitting cells.  As I read all the books about what was going on with the baby throughout the pregnancy, I recall being baffled at just how each of the tiny organs and fingers and eye lashes are formed.  It still astounds me that any conception occurs when all the odds are stacked against that little ferocious sperm making it up stream to connect with that egg at just the perfect time.
It is amazing.  People often take pregnancy and healthy babies for granted but each one truly is such a miraculous work.
Today Gabriel prayed over dinner.  We celebrated his birthday on Saturday but since today is his official birthday he planned our dinner menu and prayed for the meal.  He prayer started like this "dear God, thank you for letting me be born 8 years ago..."
It is a simple prayer, but I so appreciate that my sweet little guy acknowledges that he was allowed into this world by the awesome power of God.

Children are a heritage from the Lordoffspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. Psalm 127:3-5





Comments

Popular Posts