Dear Mom...

Last night was Curriculum Night at the boys' school.  This is similar to Back to School Night, except the entire focus is explaining what curriculum is used and what the kids are expected to learn.
After I sat through the presentations for each of the boys, Gabriel's teacher showed me his writing notebook.  In it was a special letter from Gabriel to me.
It said "Dear Mom, Thank you for coming (bringing me) here.  I like it a lot.  I have lotsa friends.  This school is the best. xoxoxoxoxo"
I had to hold in the tears that were trying to escape my eyes.  Each day on the way to school I have been praying for the boys.  We pray for good days, to learn a lot, have fun, and to meet new friends.  I've worried about how hard this move is for the boys.  They came from such a closed community where they were surrounded by friends and so many people to love them and care for them, to this place where we have not yet established a community.
The kids are still working on meeting people and getting involved in different activities.  
To read Gabriel's note thanking me for bringing him here made me so happy!
We continue to pray over the boys, that they will find their place here and will grow to love this place as home.

Comments

Popular Posts