On Deck: A Desk

Although I currently have 3 started yet incomplete projects around the house (framed places we've lived, travel cork boards, and repainting all of Gabe's furniture) I headed to the ReStore today downtown and picked up a door for project number 4.  I have decided to make my own super long desk for the office.
I bought the door for $12 and it will serve as the desk top.  Now, I just have to find some legs and a cabinet.  For now, the door is in the garage with other projects I haven't started like my old windows, bed repair etc.
Now on to the ReStore. Habitat for Humanity runs the Restore.  It is basically a thrift store for building supplies.  Windows, doors, cabinets, shutters, fence parts, nails, paint, cleaners and the list goes on.  Some stuff is new, some stuff needs a little tlc and a bunch of other stuff needs a whole lot of love.  Definitely worth a look if you have one in your area.

Comments

Popular Posts