Underwhelming Response

My dear friend Allison is the only person in the whole universe that cared enough about the condition of my poorly decorated home to enter my lame home decorating contest.  She wins the grand prize! And just because I like to mix it up a little, I'm sending her something extra too!

While I was holding my breath, waiting for the millions of ideas to come pouring in, I came up with a few projects of my own.  Here is a preview of one of them.
I call this "Home is Where the Army Sends You, modernized and de-countrified."
If you have ever been to a craft fair on a military installation or perhaps wandered into a military family's home, you probably have seen some type of wall hanging that says "Home is Where the Army Sends Me" and then in some form or another it lists the different duty stations the family has lived.  These ditties have been very Americana/Country in the past, in fact I am describing the very one I have.
Th Americana colors no longer fit my decor style so I decided to switch it up!
Enter my project.
I ordered typographical prints of each State or Country we have lived and then bought some white frames to put them in.
My thought process for the frames was twofold.  First, I'm tired of only having black frames in the house and second we have white millwork so I thought it would look good.  I didn't.
Matt tried to support the idea but he too couldn't embrace the white frames.  I was on the verge of returning the set of frames when I decided to spray paint them instead.
So, here are most of the frames.  There is one more gray one and another orange one.
I'm not exactly sure what wall these will hang on but eventually I'll narrow that down and hang my new and improved, I think, wall of where we have lived.

Comments

Allison said…
Ha! I'm doing a very similar project. Think about your favorite colorblocked dress and try to mimic it. Use the same colors, or maybe layer it the same in rows. Good luck!

Popular Posts