What to do?

Totally cleaning all 2500 square feet of my house in the two days I'll have after the movers pick of my stuff is freaking me out a little. So, I have a plan!
I'm going to super deep clean the bathrooms and kitchen, clean the blinds and shutters, knock down all those really high cobwebs, clean the windows, take some garden clippers to the mess of ivy out there, and clean off the patios during the next six days. Then, the night after the movers pack I'll clean out the cupboards and closets that are empty and work on the baseboards and vacuum after the movers pick up all the stuff the following day. This, my friends, leaves me two full days to do a normal cleaning of the house before we vacate this place on the 29th.
A few nights ago I started by cleaning my bathroom. Oh what a mess. It didn't feel like a mess before I got on my hands and knees to clean all the grout and baseboard tiles. A few hours and minor respiratory issues later, the bathroom was clean. Check.
Tonight, I made a trip to my local Lowes to pick up replacement things. I told the boys it was a scavenger hunt. 1 door pull, 3 vanity lights, 3 fan lights, one ceiling fan screw, a door stop, and a vent cover. Success.
We got home and Eli put on his hard hat (I asked him to be Bob the Builder for me - this took his mind off of not going to the pool) and we went to work. However, while at Lowes I also decided I was going to repaint the boys' dresser. It is still white and baby blue from the nursery days. So, I bought primer and paint at Lowes and decided tonight would be a great night to whip it out.
But wait, this wasn't on the list of manageable tasks to conquer in the next 6 days! No problem. I will finish painting and then head downstairs to clean out the fridge. Then I won't feel so bad about my list.
Until. I realized I have an old book shelf that is uhgly and was marked for the ol thrift store that could be transformed into a beauty, perfectly matching the newly painted dresser and night stand. And so, the fridge is still dirty, the dinner dishes are in the sink, and the book shelf is primed.
So much to do. So little time. And yet, I'm adding silly little projects to my list. Focus!

Comments

Unknown said…
or you could let me come over and help you clean . . . but I don't want to mess with the plan!

Popular Posts