When the going gets tough . . .

... the tough get going.
And that's exactly what I did!
The day kicked off with mover drama. Drama at 10am is just unacceptable.
After sorting out the mover issues, I left Matt at the house with detailed instructions and took the boys to the pool. I sat in the lounge chair and soaked up some sun while chatting with my sister on the cell phone, catching up on the latest. It was a beautiful day. Not too hot, not too windy, the water has finally warmed up, and those lounge chairs at the pool are pretty comfy.
Sure, I still have a long list of things to do, but this was time for the boys to get out of the house and for me to sit back and relax. Something I find very difficult to do when surrounded by piles and lists.
The pool wasn't quite enough of a getaway for me, so I brought the boys home, left more instructions for dinner, and headed off to the spa for a nice pedicure and parafin wax. The earthy music in the background, constant hum of the foot spa, and gentle massage of my feet provided the perfect setting to unwind. I didn't want to leave, but they were closing and I ran out of money to pay for any additional services, so I wondered back to my completely torn up house.
Tomorrow I am on full time mover duty but in anticipation of it being a stressful day, I strategically scheduled my escape from moving responsibilities for a few hours on Friday in order to go get my hair done.
I guess the move isn't ALL bad!

Comments

Popular Posts