The Silver Lining

It was by far the most difficult pack-out/pick-up to date. I'm glad it is over.
There was some questionable packing techniques, late arrivals and late departures, inaccurate inventory and those upside down boxes. There was also a bent bicycle handlebar and a missing stack of cold hard cash in the amount of $300.
Instead of being relieved that the house is 90% empty, I'm filled with uneasiness. I'm concerned about our items making it to Germany in the same condition that they left here and I'm equally frustrated that we had such an unprofessional pack out. Military contracts pay much higher than a civilian move. I don't believe this company deserves the contract based on the sub par performance they displayed with our move.
However, there is a silver lining: I didn't have to pack or move a single box, we are insured for any loss or damage from the move, and the house is empty! OK so there are a few items hanging out that will make their way to a storage unit on Monday but for the most part, this step of our moving process is done.
My plan is to let go of the frustrations of this packout by morning!

Comments

Christy said…
almost done! way to go! I dislike having to pack everything...moving is probably one of my least favorite things...so it's great that this phase is almost over...or maybe already over by now.?

Popular Posts