One Week

I remember the week before I had Eli very well.
My sister was in town, bless her. She left her own 'baby' Kaia (1year 3 months to the day) at home in order to be with me for the big delivery and homecoming. For a few years it seemed Kaia remembered that Katina left her for Eli and was not happy about it. Let's just say she didn't really welcome Eli's presence until she was about 4. I thought for sure she was holding her mom's prolonged absence (2 weeks) at such a tender age against him, however all is well now.
When Katina arrived in Nashville we went straight from the airport to Opry Mills to walk my child out. We walked and walked, and when we just couldn't walk anymore we headed home. During the next few days we walked every mall within 100 mile radius of our house. We would get bored in one so we would try out another the next day. There was a lot of walking and a lot of waiting. It seemed like this baby was not at all interested in entering the world. Finally, on Sunday morning around 7am Eli finally made his entrance. It was a long wait. Such a long week.
Today is Sunday, and movers will be here Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Monday to pack and load 3 different shipments. On Tuesday we ship our van and on Wednesday we fly out to California. I know that this week isn't going to linger like that week before I had Eli. There is no time for waiting and walking.
For nearly one year I have known that this last week was coming. I've known that movers would come, the car would ship and I would say my last "goodbyes". It always seemed so far away. Even last week, next week seemed like something that would happen at the next flip of the calendar, not something I should be getting reminders for in my Outlook. And now this one week is here.
Our "lasts" have begun. Goodbyes are being spoken. Suitcases and boxes are starting to appear. This week is going to flash before my eyes and before I have a minute to take a deep breathe and realize this week is here, it will be gone.
One week can be so long while you are waiting, and yet go by so fast when you are dreading! I'll make it through this week. I may be a tired, puffy eyed, weary soul by the end of it but I'll make it.

Comments

Suzann said…
:0( I'm sad to see you go and a little jealous. I'd love to be waiting for the movers to come! I'm so excited to see how your blog will change and keep up with your adventures. You are such a great writer - I very much look forward to it. Blessings to you & your family. You are going to have so much fun!

Popular Posts