God Made Me

When the boys ask about differences in the way people look, I often answer "that's the way God made him/her".
Why are little people, well, little? God made them that way.
Why is mommy tall? Why does daddy have black eyes? Why do we have freckles? "Because that is the way God made us."
Recently, Gabe adapted this explanation to include personality traits. When I told him I was stressed about getting the house clean he asked me "is that because that is the way God made you?"
Funny guy. I guess in a way God made me that way. He didn't create me to be a stressed, but he did plant in me a desire for order. He also asked if my desire for yogurt in the morning had something to do with the way God made me, probably no application there.
Tonight I was struggling to get Gabe to clean up his mess and get into bed. After about 30 minutes of practically begging him to put the papers in the trash, go potty and brush his teeth, I sat him on my lap and asked him "Gabe why are you acting so naughty?" His reply, you guessed it, "because God made me that way"! I explained to him that God didn't make him naughty, he was choosing to be naughty. He ignored me, and got into bed.

Comments

Christy said…
at least he got into bed!

Popular Posts