Project Bust

If I would have just stopped at the dresser and nightstand . . .
But I didn't. I had to go and prime that darn shelf. Priming was no problem, or so I thought. Everything looked normal last night but when I went down this morning to throw on that blue paint I quickly noticed that any time I so much as looked at the shelf wrong, not only did the paint come off but so did that primer.
This is totally why I shouldn't do these little projects. I'm not really into "prep work" and as it turns out this is vital when you are trying to paint something like . . . say . . . a laminate shelf.
So, that uuuhhgly shelf that is in the garage slated for the thrift shop is now a blue kind-of-painted shelf slated for the thrift shop.
I finished painting it. Let it dry about 6 hours and then tested the handiwork with a book. It went like this: slide book onto shelf, pull book off of shelf, wipe off blue paint now stuck to the book, and admire very crafty lines where the paint peeled off.
Good news though. I now have a very handy shelf to stack all of the things that are heading to the thrift store. Yeah!

Comments

Popular Posts