These Boots are Made for Walkin'

Who walks 1 ½ miles down the road with a mop, a bag of groceries, and a bucket of fried chicken? Who actually removes those grocery carts from the parking lot?

Me.

Okay, so I didn’t remove the cart from the parking lot but I really, really wanted to.

We don’t have a car yet, therefore we have to either beg our super helpful generous pal Mandi to give us a ride everywhere or we have to hoof it.

We have got some rides from Mandi but when traveling short distances to pick up linens from the hotel, curtain hooks from the self-help shop, or a mop from the PX, we walk and walk and walk.

I keep humming that 90’s tune “I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more just to get a mop and pine sol from the darn PX stoooore. Duh duh duhta duh duh duhta . . .”.

In an effort to maintain some element of coolness I have opted to wear shoes that match my outfit which would be flip flops, sandals or cute flats instead of a sensible shoe like my running shoes. Not smart. My feet hurt so bad.

Our challenge is that we need all these items to get our house put together (curtains, loaner dishes, loaner linens, groceries) and we don’t mind walking to get them, but walking back with them is a whole different thing.

Thankfully, we received the best phone call ever today. Our van is parked right across the street just waiting for us to be reunited. The only minor problem is that we cannot go get it until we have a US Forces license. We can’t get that until we take the test, can’t take the test until we take a class, and can’t take a class until Tuesday. I can’t get my license until I take the class the following week because . . . I can’t take the class with the kids, can’t leave the kids at the free childcare until I go to the orientation, can’t go to the orientation until they are registered with CYS and can’t register with CYS until this Tuesday.

I’m hooping. That is jumping through a whole lot of hoops.

Comments

Popular Posts