(A)musings

Lately, I find myself easily amused. It could be that I live in a tiny house with empty white walls, white sheets covering the stinky borrowed furniture, and the only escape from said white, emptiness is fully dependent on how far my youngest's feet will travel. Or maybe, I'm just one of those people who is easily amused.
So, I ordered some way over-priced tea towels on-line the other day. I won't tell you how much they are because I'm a little embarrassed, but I'm justifying this purchase because they are more of a decorative element in my kitchen than actual clean-off-the-counter tea towels. After days of trying to find something else more reasonable I caved and bought the towels. In response to my order I received an email that read:
Thanks so much for your order. It was shipped today via Canada Post and should arrive within 23 to 33 business days.
23 - 33 business days? Is the Royal Canadian Post still using horses?

Rations. When I think of rations, I think it means putting a limit on the number of items a person can buy so every person can have a little instead of a few people getting a lot. Here in Germany there are coffee rations. There is a ton of coffee on the shelves and yet it is rationed? Its a good coffee selection too, Seattle's Best, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Millhouse, you name it, it is there - every time. However, there is no milk ration and there is never any milk. We have special milk here. The brand is US Forces Europe - not Lucerne, Crystal, or Marva Maid. Is there a pasture somewhere with US Forces Europe cows? Anyway, I have been to the commissary on numerous occasions and there is no milk. The Army's reasoning behind rationing coffee is so that we don't resell it on the black market (a coffee black market? This reminds me of a Hogan's Heroes episode) but they seem to have no concern for our milk shortage. Maybe people are selling that Armed Forces Europe milk on that black market and that is why we don't have any. Hmm?

Comments

Popular Posts