At the Movies

Last night I went to our little post theater and watched My Life in Ruins.
Matt dropped me off because it was blazing hot and I didn't want to walk. Upon arrival I bought popcorn and Gatorade, that is what you buy when you are going into a theater without air conditioning.
Before I left I told Matt I was hoping to be the only one in the theater. I didn't want to see anyone, I just wanted to watch a movie. I almost got my wish. Four other ladies were there and one guy with two small kids -that one is a mystery.
I sat down and spilled my popcorn all over and then when I tried to get my Gatorade out of the drink holder it got stuck. I finally freed it and it spilled all over me too. Things were not starting off well.
We all stood to listen to the National Anthem (they do this at all post theaters) and then the lights went dim. The spilled popcorn and red Gatorade stain on my pants were no longer visible, I couldn't see anyone else in the theater, and I went to Greece.
The thing about movie theaters is that they allow you to escape from reality for 120 minutes. The theater looks the same night or day, California or Virginia. While in the theater you don't know what time it is or where you are.
For nearly 2 hours last night I was just in a movie theater enjoying a decent movie without any other care in the world. Just me, a seat, popcorn and Gatorade watching a movie. It was nice.

Comments

Popular Posts