Today.

I'm missing California today.
I left home 12 years ago. During that time I have missed birthday's, plays, holidays, lots of "firsts" and minor family trials. I've missed a few big events like my grandparents' 50th anniversary party and a few family reunions, however, I have made it back for the birth of both of my nieces, my parent's 50th birthday parties, Matt's sister's wedding, my dad's retirement and some family vacations.
Today, I'm missing big events in both of my nieces lives, and I'm sad.
Galatians 3:27 "for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ." Throughout the New Testament we find records of people deciding to follow Christ and then shortly thereafter being baptized.
Today, my niece Makenna is being baptized, and I'm not there to witness it or celebrate with her. Makenna accepted Christ as her savior a few years ago, and is now following the tradition of the early church by being baptized. She is such a beautiful girl, inside and out, and I am so proud of who she has become. She is self-confident, creative, intelligent and a truly wonderful young lady. We are so proud of her and her choices!
Also making news today is my niece Kaia. She has her first gymnastics meet today. She has been in gymnastics since she was 3 and just recently made her gym's competitive team. She has worked hard all summer (12 hours a week) getting ready for today. I'm so excited and nervous for her. I wish I could cheer her on and give her flowers when she is done.
Unrelated to my beautiful nieces, I'm also missing California because it is hot here and I don't have a/c, I can't find nail polish remover to save my life, and trying find shower curtain's and bath rugs that match by looking at pictures on-line is proving to be insanely tedious.

Comments

Unknown said…
Kaia was so excited she made the Vault today we only got to see that part of the competion but she did great and her smile when she finished the vault was so neat.

Makenna's baptism service was really nice. We took pics of the service at the church and Katina has pitures of the baptism service at the pool. We missed you but we know you are always here with us in all our hearts and minds.
I can't believe you can't find polish remover! I guess you'll be picking it off huh!
Christy said…
it is lame to have to miss stuff like that...but the girls would love reading all of the wonderful things you wrote about them for the whole world to see!

Popular Posts