Baseball in the Pacific Northwest is definitely different then baseball in say Florida or Arizona.  Baseball in these parts requires a ton of gear.  I'm not talking about the players' gear, I'm talking the fan gear.
In order to survive baseball up here you should have available to you at all times:
a propane heater
golf umbrella
rain boots
a stadium seat
lawn chair
hat and gloves
raincoat
hoodie
one of those blankets that is cozy on one size and waterproof on the other
sunglasses
baseball hat

It is also a good idea to have an ez-up canopy as well.


Monday night's game weather at opening pitch was 44 degrees with showers and wind gusts.
It was cold.
Because I am a semi-professional high school baseball mom I came prepared.  

I went with the stadium seat instead of lawn chair and beanie over baseball hat.  It rained a little so I had my umbrella strategically placed to keep my upper body dry while the waterproof blanket took care of the rest. It stopped raining, so I was able to put the umbrella down but then the wind picked up and it was freezing cold.  Ingenuity took hold and I rocked the heater/waterproof blanket combo which pretty much crushed the weather's attempt to defeat me.

I'll paint the picture.
Bleachers - butt is warm because I'm sitting on a stadium seat keeping my tush off of the cold, wet bleachers.
I put the portable heater where your feet normally rest, and put my feet on the bench in front of me.
Yes, the heater under my legs was quite comfy, but the wind was so strong it kept blowing out the flame on the heater.
So...get ready for it...I put the waterproof blanket over my legs which were comfortably resting over the heater and then tucked the blanket around the side of my bleacher chair. 
No heat could escape my little bleacher hut.
Bring it on extra innings, as long as I have propane I'm in it for the long haul.

THAT is how you do PNW baseball.

Comments

Popular Posts