Terrible Times in the Last Days

Tonight I went to a women's bible study for the first time in a long time.
I'm pleased to report that I actually walked away a little excited to get to know the ladies at my table.

One of the scriptures we read was 2 Timothy 3:1-4.

Here Timothy has two important messages.

The first one is that we must be in "the last days".  
How do I know this?  Because he says "...in the last days People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God."

And that list pretty much sums of all of the behaviors of my children in the last 48 hours.
Clearly, it must be the last days.

The second lesson: Regarding the people who act in the manner listed above, Timothy tells us "have nothing to do with such people".

Therefore, I'm abandoning my children.

Maybe.
I'll give them a few more days to pull themselves out of Timothy's list of evil and then I might have to ship them off to Grandma's.

Comments

Popular Posts