Near Fail

I have an old window I intend to hang on my wall at come point.  I couldn't hang it in Germany because the window weighed more than the entire wall and the chances of the wall crumbling under the weight of the window was high, to say the least.
So here we are in a house with walls that come complete with studs and a handy hardware store just down the street with fancy hanging devices and yet I still haven't hung the window.
One reason why the window isn't hung yet is because I have not travelled to the hardware store to get the hanging thingies.
The other reason is that I want to darken it a bit.  I planned to stain it until I saw this fabulous idea on pinterest where you can use apple cider vinegar to make newer wood look old.  I like this idea.
Today was the day I was going to bust out with the project.
Apple cider vinegar?  Check
Window?  Check
Applicator?  Yep.  Well I think so.  The instructions said to use a brillo pad right?

No.  The instructions did not say use a brillo pad!
Thankfully, I decided to double check the instructions prior to soaking a brillo pad in vinegar and applying it to my irreplaceable  window I bought in Germany.

Steel wool.  That is what you are supposed to soak.  It is a little like a Brillo pad....minus the soap.

This is why I shouldn't even attempt pinterest projects.
If there were a such thing as a mommy report card my grade for crafting would be an F and I am quite confident the comments line would say  "failure to follow instructions".

Comments

Popular Posts