The Tube

***Update: My pal Q gave me a hot tip on a website called sidereel and now my world has been rocked. Woohoo. I watched 6 consecutive hours of TV. The kids are fine, I only slightly neglected Gabe while catching up on my fave shows. I even watched some shows that I don't really even care for. I was binging, I admit it. When Matt gets home we are going to hook up the laptop to that darn 52" flat screen collecting dust, so we can watch TV on the TV while sitting comfortably on the couch instead of on the computer monitor and in a lame computer chair. Yes, I watched the end of Criminal Minds, I also watched 6 episodes of Top Chef, the premier of Biggest Loser and, drumroll please, the Amazingest Race. I'm happy. ****

It is highly challenging for me to catch my favorite shows over here in Germany. The network websites block all videos to IP addresses located outside the US and other ways of watching TV online, such as Hulu, are also blocked. There are a bunch of different sites that I have heard of that air US television shows but so far they require downloading, signing up, and other stuff that I don't feel comfortable doing without consulting Matt.
After missing all three of premiers of my favorite shows, today, I found out that I can watch them on youtube. Some people are cool enough to take the time to post the shows on their youtube channel. The bad part is that youtube won't allow people to post the entire episode, so you have to watch it in parts. This isn't too much of a problem, the commercials are all cut out so all you have to do is watch one segment at a time. The segments seem to be about 10 minutes long.
This plan worked fabulously for Grey's Anatomy. I just finished watching the premier. Yeah! And it was working well for Criminal Minds UNTIL I failed to find segment 5/5. I watched segments 1-4 and now I don't know what happened in the last 9 minutes. Lame. No luck yet finding the Amazing Race premier from last night but it is just now Monday morning in the US, so I am not giving up hope yet!
I haven't watched TV in over 3 months. Occasionally, I wish I could find something to just veg out and watch, but for the most part I wasn't missing it too much, until the premiers.

Comments

Popular Posts