Dumpster Diver

The first time was the chairs. No actual dumpster was involved but the chairs had been set out on trash day. I do have to admit I took the neighbors' trash.
Since then, I have come to own a few more "found" items. Our neighbors moved out a week ago and before they left they just started tossing stuff to the curb (obviously no HOA trash rules here).
The first find was an 1800 watt transformer, a brand new one would cost $200. Since I relocated it from the curb to my house I can now use my 110 vacuum.
Next was some detergent, cleaner, downy ball, fabric softener and a little 75 watt transformer PERFECT for my flat iron.
Then came the ultimate find. The knife. I was all bent out of shape because they put a knife in the grass on the curb. The curb is on the street where kids ride their bikes, walk to school, and run wild. To make things worse it was MY curb and the knife would be a huge temptation for MY kids. So, I picked up the knife and started to storm to the dumpster, but then I thought that may not be a good idea, because someone might have to go through the dumpster at some point and might stab themselves. I had a box of stuff going to the thrift store in the house so I brought the knife in. As I was putting the knife in the box I realized that it was a JA Henckles knife. I recognized the brand because those are the knives in the locked case at Target. I decided to wash it and test it out.
One word= Amazing! This is a fabulous knife. I should mention that all of my other knives are the ones that came in the knife block we got as a gift when we got married, so there isn't much to compare it to, but it cuts so well. It is my new favorite thing and it makes me really want a new set of knives.
I do want to say that I held back and didn't swipe the vacuum cleaner, butcher block island, or pans. I do have some standards.

Comments

Haha! Your posts make me laugh even when I've had a crummy day!

I'm excited to hear what else hurried PCS'ers throw out over there in Deutschland... :)
Suzann said…
I'd have taken everything!

Popular Posts