Streaking

One day my friend Rachael told me that her husband Ryan liked to streak. For a moment I was trying not to picture Ryan running naked through the neighborhood, and then she clarified this streaking thing. He set his mind to doing something and then would see how far he could go without breaking the streak. Example: he decided to run every day and did it from Jan - August. He wanted to get his run in on the day his son was born so he headed out to the hospital parking lot to run laps. Don't worry, Rachael was totally fine with the arrangement.
So, when I decided I was going to start running, I decided I would run every day I dropped Eli off from school, except Thursday because I will go to PWOC, and then I would try to fit in runs if at all possible on the weekends as well. I'm not ready to fully streak but I wanted to come close.
I started running on the 31st, and have run about 5k/3 miles every day since except one. However, I got a blister from these really cool, comfortable LOOKING shoes last week and I have to take some days off for it to heal. I have put 3 layers of band-aids on this thing and still, by the time I get back from the run I have blood all over my sock and shoe. I have been running through the pain of this thing for a week now, but it just isn't healing. It is actually no longer a blister, but a gaping hole in my flesh. I've decided to go with the advise of my untrained pretend doctor husband to take 3 days off to let it heal.
I'm so disappointed, but I'm also determined that I'm starting up again on Monday.

Comments

Wow, I couldn't run every day!! Impressive! I've decided after this last half marathon that I am a 2-3 miles, 2-3 times a week kinda runner. For good. My pants don't fit (but I have some killer quads!), my sciatica is killing me, and the blisters are just horrendous.

I hope your blisters heal quickly so you can get back to your streaking!
Unknown said…
You and I are obsessive like that. I've decided to do another half marathon (you should fly over and join me in January!) and have been running like crazy and have injured my tendon in foot but I still run on and limp afterwards. Curtis yells at me for it but he just doesn't get I have to do it.
Unknown said…
streakers rule! and for the record ryan did finish off the year- so he went one year running at least two miles every day even though one of those days our son was born! (ps- I made him promise to miss the day after a year- because you do hear about those 31-years in a row running streakers- that would not work in our house!)

Popular Posts