Pop Quiz

Your pop quiz consists of one multiple choice question.
No need to use a number 2 pencil, just write your answer down in your head. No cheating by scrolling to the bottom to find the answer. Cheating will not be tolerated.

Of the following events that occurred today, which of the following caused Clarissa to cry?

1. Didn't get to run this morning because I had to be at PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel) at 9am. After my 3 day break to help my torn flesh heal, I was back in the forest on Monday and Tuesday but didn't make it out on Wednesday because I had to take Matt to the airport, and didn't make it today because of PWOC. I'm on track to be streaking in the wrong direction. I'm not supposed to be counting how many days in a row I DON'T run, I'm supposed to be counting the days I do run. Not a good restart.
2. When I returned from a good experience at PWOC, I was asked to move the van so that the roof destructos could move their truck where I was parked. I went to start the van and the battery was dead . . . again. So, I told the worker guy I would gladly move the van after he jumped it. He jumped it, I snatched up Gabe and headed to the auto shop. I quickly realized I was low on gas but was afraid to go get gas because I feared turning off the car again would mean getting another jump. I bypassed the fuel and went to the battery place. I left the van running so that it didn't die and ran in. Huge line. Faced with a choice a. keep van running so if they don't have my battery I can still get home but risk running out of gas or b. turn it off and face the consequences. I turned it off as soon as I found out they had a battery. I made it back home with about 10 minutes to spare in order to pick Eli up from school.
3. While out dealing with the battery, I bought a phone card for my cell. Somehow the last 15 euro card I bought managed to disappear in 12 hours. Matt loaded the minutes on the phone on Sunday night and by Monday morning the minutes were gone. It took 6 weeks to go through the minutes I bought last time so we knew something was up. Nothing we could do about those so I just bought a new card and loaded it up today. After loading the minutes I dialed the number to check my minutes about 5 minutes later to make sure everything went right. I dialed the same number today as I did yesterday to find them out and it wouldn't work. I was panicking that the same thing that sucked the minutes last time was happening again. I frantically was trying to get the sim card out of the phone so they didn't go down the toilet. The problem was I didn't know how to get the sim card out because I don't even know where they hid it. I watch a youtube video instruction for getting the card out. All I need is a paperclip. I don't have a single paperclip in my house. Trust me there is a path of destruction to prove I looked everywhere. I finally use an earring, get the card out and put it in my other phone. I called the number again to check the minutes and some German recording goes on about something and all I understand is "nein" meaning no. I tested out the phone by calling home. It works, so I have minutes on there but I still don't know how many.
4. German class tonight but Matt was told on Monday that he has to go to Romania on Wednesday morning for 6 weeks. I really like my German class. If I quit now I'll have to wait until next September to start again or I'll have to start section 2 without doing section one. This brings up a recurring problem, I need a babysitter. I was given a name and called her last night but she didn't call me back yet. 2pm today, class starts at 6. Still no call from sitter 1. I ran into a girl who was recommended to me by a friend and she cannot do it tonight or any other night. She gives me a name of one of her friends. I hate trying to find a babysitter and more than that, like exponentially more than that I hate trying to find one at the last minute. I signed up for the class because Matt was supposed to be here at least until October. We knew there was a chance that he would go, but I thought I would get at least 3 more classes in before I had to worry about getting a sitter. If Matt were here, I wouldn't have to worry about a sitter.

Your guess?

The phone. Something about technology not working when it should just freaks me out. Wednesday morning I dialed *100* send and it told me I had 4 cents on my phone. Why won't it work today? Why? WHY?

In the end, I had a good time at PWOC and it is totally worth missing a morning run. If I can, I'll try and run a little later on Thursdays, but if not - I'm fine with it. The van battery has been a thorn in my side for a year now. That darn battery. I was so glad to kick it to the curb (not really, although some people around here totally would) and so glad that it was pretty good timing for it to die on me. The sitter issue is SO frustrating and stressful but Mandi saved the day and watched the boys for me tonight which gives me a few more days to try and get a sitter lined up for the next 4 weeks.

Comments

Suzann said…
I think I might have been crying all day! I had a pretty crappy day, myself but tomorrow is a new day - it will be better for both of us, I'm sure!
Unknown said…
I got 100% on the pop quiz.
Urgency + Confusion + electronic devise = tears for Clarissa.
I am praying for smoother days for you while Matt is away. And thank the Lord for Mandi.
Holy crazy crummy day! I would have guessed the sitter, because that always makes me cry! The last time we asked someone to babysit, it was one of CJ's sergeant's daughters. She turned out to be this horribly depressed, gloomy girl... by the time I took her home afterwards, -I- was depressed! I hope everything works out== what a bummer about Matt having to leave already. You're in my prayers! Get some coffee, enjoy the PWOC and don't feel bad about breaking your running streak. I know you are a stubborn chick and will be streaking again (in the right direction!) in no time!

Popular Posts