A House Full

Yesterday and today Eli's new BFF and BFFS(sister) came over to play with the boys. The kids played on the playground, then in the house, then they played the Wii, then they played house, then they had snacks, played some more and then I kicked them out. Well, I let my kids stay but I kicked out the BFF and BFFS.
As I was listening to the kids play I was so happy inside. This is the first time that Eli has ever had a friend over like this. Sure, there were some friends that came over in VA but most of the friends were Gabe's age, and then there was Mary but her mom came over with her.
This was the situation where the kids come running to the door and ask "can Eli play?" The BFF/BFFS family live right across the parking lot so there are no rides to be arranged, just hop on over and play - play until the parents send everyone home.
I'm sad because BFF and BFFS are moving very soon. Their packers already came and picked up there stuff and it is just a matter of days before they leave. I am so sad that, for the first time in Eli's life he has a friend that is his own age to play with right in our own neighborhood, and we just happen to live in a place that has a million playgrounds to run around on.
So, I had to remind myself of a little lesson I learned a few months ago, it doesn't really matter how much time you have with someone it is about what you do in that time. Eli's time with BFF will be short, but right now he is having a blast with his neighbor friend. And that is how it should be.
Looking forward to another day of a house full of kids.

Comments

Popular Posts