i'm in trouble.

I wanted to join the i-pod generation for two reasons. First, my current Mp3 player decides what song it thinks I should listen to regardless of what song I choose. I can select a good old U2 song and hit play, and the next thing I know I'm listening to "veggie taaaales, veggie taaaales, veggie taaaales, veggie tales. Broccoli, collard greens . . . . ". The second reason why I wanted an i-pod was because they are just cool.
So, I asked for a new Mp3 player for my birthday and tada, a month early, I recieved an i-pod touch. Since I am new to the i-world, i really didn't have a clue what this meant. I could tell it was bigger than the shuffle or nano, but the only other term I heard connected with -pod was classic. What is an i-pod touch?
Well, since the package arrive early, and I felt really guilty about ruining a birthday surprise I put it up on the shelf with plans to wait until my actual birthday to break it open. On occation my curiosity has almost got me to break the seal on that cute little box, but I didn't touch it.
Today, Matt called and he said his dad (the gift-giver) wanted me to go ahead and open it and start using it. This is where trouble begins.
I asked Matt "What is it?"
He answered "an i-phone with everything an i-phone has, except the phone"
Me "huh"
Matt "I'll take it and you can have my nano if you want"
His eagerness to take this off my hands was the first clue that I had something cool. He was offering no help (jealously will do that) so I openened the package. The manual has no instructions other than a web address to log on to for a tutorial. I got online and pulled up information on the i-pod touch . . . WOW this thing is so cool. It is just like the i-phone without the phone. It has a calendar that syncs with outlook, with it's internal wi-fi receiver I can send and recieve email, search the web, and there is a separate youtube thing, I can watch movies and tv shows, take pictures, it has a full address book, GPS maps, nike+ compatible, and of coarse that little thing I wanted from the beginning - listen to music.
Matt's instructions were "take it out of the box and plug the white cord into the device and the computer. This will charge it." Done.
"Then the i-tunes icon will pop up." OK, things are working well so far.
And then "there you go". End of help.
Matt does our technical stuff and he is in Alabama. This means I am going to either wait 2 months to get this snappy gadget working or figure it out on my own. Now that I know its power, I clearly can't just stash it away, so enter the technologically advanced world I must.
My first problem is that I don't know how to turn it on.
I hope they cover that in the on-line tutorial.

Comments

Unknown said…
Good luck with that! I would help but I am also jealous!!! Actually I don't think I would be any help. I borrowed Tom's nano to take to the gym yesterday. I was all excited to play with his toy (and my mp3 was dead).When I got to the gym I plugged my earphones in and got NOTHING. WHAT, you have to have special earphones?? Noooo the nano screen comes on when you touch the cool little dial thing BUT you actually have to push play to HEAR the music. Aren't I a dummy. So a whole workout to now music. I found different earphones today and they "weren't working" either.....until I hit the play button in my frustration!!! So call your sis for home q's, cooking q's, parenting q's.... just can't help you with the Itouch!! But maybe if you send it to me, I'll figure it out for you!!!

Popular Posts