"I'm UN-healthy"

Tonight the boys and I went on a date to Macaroni Grill. I used to love Macaroni Grill, and then I read the nutritional information for my favorite dish and found out that it was 15oo calories, now I'm no longer a big fan. That is ridiculous. It is tasty, but if I'm going to throw down that many calories, I want it to be in ice cream or cake, not in creamy pasta sauce.
The boys wanted to go out for pasta, so I went along with the plan. After the boys ate their pasta the waitress came out with their dessert that comes with the kid's meal. Eli looked over at me and said "are you going to eat dessert". "No" I answered "I'm trying to be healthy". Without a moment to think he replied "I am UN-healthy. I like pasta, hot dogs, pizza, chicken nuggets, candy and ice cream".
Well, he may not be making the healthy choice but at least he knows the difference!

On the same note, we were in the car on our way home and Eli told me that today he found out the cafeteria makes cookies. Why? Why would a cafeteria, in an elementary school serve cookies?
So, we talked about how he found this out and what happened at lunch today. Apparently, he was in the hot-lunch line getting his popcorn chicken, and as he moved to the fruit area he didn't see anything that pleased his palate, so he got cookies instead. Since when are cookies an acceptable substitute for fruit?
This is why I pack Eli's lunch 90% of the time. If he had his way he would be on a strict "un-healthy" diet of pasta, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, candy, ice cream . . . and cookies!

Comments

Popular Posts