10k today!!

I ran 10k on the treadmill today . . . OK it is just a little over 6 miles but I think 10k sounds better. I felt great! I did want to quit at the 4-mile mark and finish with a brisk walk, but I pressed on, kept up the pace, and ran it out. During this run I realized some very important things. First, I have no desire to ever run further than 6 miles. I could try and run it faster, or on the street, on a trail, backwards, or in the rain, but I just don't see myself ever wanting to run further. The second thing I realized is that I can survive with sweat dripping off my face like a leaky faucet. I hate face sweat, and generally consider a soaking wet head a sign that whatever I am doing is way too strenuous and I must stop. However, today I sweat like I was in a sauna and I survived. I looked gross, but I survived. And the last thing I realized was, Rachel Ray has some really tasty recipes on her show! During my run, she made this fabulous looking mushroom and spinach deep dish pizza. Mmm. I'm actually going to try this recipe!

Comments

that is awesome! careful, it gets addicting...i ran 8 miles last week, and thought "yep, that's all i ever really want to run" and now i'm going to try and pull down 9. hannah and i are running the SA half marathon in november. supposedly :).

and UGH the sweat! if they weren't so dorky, i would wear a sweatband! i tried a headband, but i must have a funny shaped head because they always end up sliding off the back of my head. maybe they would work for you though!

i'm off to hunt down rachel ray's recipe... now i'm hungry!
Unknown said…
you go girl! You are inspiring me!

Popular Posts