Happy October 1st

Today, I dropped Matt off at the airport. After we unloaded his 3 large bags, a backpack, and laptop, we gave each other a big hug and some smoochies, and he was off.
9 weeks is no big deal right? I was on vacation without Matt for 5 weeks this summer, I've done a year alone with both boys, and 8 months alone when Eli was a baby. Even though I know in my head that 9 weeks is going to fly by, I was still sad when I got home knowing that he wouldn't be here for awhile.
So, what do I do? Clean! Yep, cleaning is completely theraputic. It is Fall cleaning time at my hosue and Matt is not around to protest that there might be an instant, some day, when he will need to wear all 15 free lanyards at one time, or that he is confident one day he will wear those near-acid-wash size 32 jeans and that faded Timberland t-shirt.
After I'm done cleaning, I'm planning to enjoy fall activities with the boys, read a few books, work on my German, get my flabalanch gut in the gym, produce some great e-newsletters for the small group leader ministry at church, and accomplish all those other little tasks like changing the oil in the car, fixing the leaky sink, and solving my dental crisis. That might be a lot for 9 weeks! I better get started!
So, while I am sad that Matt left, I am looking on the bright side and planning to make the best of this time I have ahead. Today is October 1st, that is just three months before the new year!

Comments

Popular Posts