Y-E-S

Eli has started spelling. It is so irritating. Every time I ask him a question he responds by spelling the answer. It isn't so bad with Y-E-S and N-O, but other than those words, his spelling needs a lot of work and I'm often left asking the same question again . . . "What do you want for breakfast?".
I realize it is great that he is interested in spelling and I should take advantage of this precious time to teach him how to spell, but sometimes I really would just prefer him to answer my question.
It was a bonus the other day when he started requiring ME to spell anything that I wanted to tell him. Fine. E-l-i-w-i-l-l-y-o-u-p-l-e-a-s-e-b-r-u-s-h-y-o-u-r-t-e-e-t-h-a-n-d-g-e-t-i-n-t-o-b-e-d-!!

Comments

i can't imagine how frustrating this must be, but it is so funny because i am not there-- yet!!

you never fail to entertain with your stories of life with the boys :). i'm still laughing about your dinner post from awhile back!

Popular Posts