2020

Mark your calendars.
Eli will be in the graduating class of 2020.
We just finished looking over the graduation requirements and suggested plans for course completion for Eli to get his High School diploma and satisfy the recommendations for college admissions.
He filled out his course selection list for the next four years, with some contingency plans.

Estoy triste.
I am sad.

The feeling that has overwhelmed me is not sadness that my baby is growing up.
I like watching him grow up and become this fun, crazy, smart, yet equally dingy and annoying kid growing into soon to be man Eli.

The sadness is that he has to make important life decisions.

He has to make huge decisions at a mere13 years old!

Foreign language for example.  How do you really know at age 13 what foreign language will be most beneficial for you in life, like 10 years from now?
I took Spanish.  I never use it.
German would have been handy though.

Sciences.
Computer sciences?  Life sciences?  Sports Medicine?  So many options, so many different career paths.

Success will be great.
Failures will be hard.

I am ok with him growing up.

I am less ok with him facing grown up decisions.



Comments

Popular Posts