Today the family hopped in our 12 year old van with 178,000 miles on it and headed up to Seattle.
The details of the van's age and mileage is irrelevant, other than to establish that it is old and wore out and I want an upgrade.
Matt was supposed to take Eli up for baseball training camp but when we found out that our cousins from the North were going to be in Seattle too, Gabe and I decided to join in for a meet-up.

Mike, Matt and Eli were at the baseball camp while Rhonda, Gabe and I walked around downtown Seattle.
We strolled through the streets, got coffee, went shopping, stopped to watch the ferries cross the sound, admired the snowcapped Olympics in the distance, and took a moment to bask in the brightness of the winter sun.
There is something about the hustle of a city that I love.
And something about THIS city that draws me in and makes me want to stay.
We truly have started to feel like this is our town.

I'll take the streets of downtown Seattle over a suburban mall any day.
I love the feel of my boots hitting the cobblestones on Pike and the sounds of street performers mixed in with seagulls and a few honking horns.
I love the tall buildings, boutique shops, smorgasbord of restaurant options and walking all over.

We all met up for dinner after Eli was done with baseball and then the Northerners headed back home and we did the same.
Just a simple Saturday.

I felt a little smile across my face as I pulled into my garage.
I am so blessed.
I love going into the city, so I enjoyed that part of the day.
But what I really treasure is the opportunity we have had to do life with my Cousins from the North these past three years.
I don't know where the future will take us, or how long we will be able to stay here in Washington, but I can confidently say that we took advantage of every opportunity we could.
Whether it be holidays and birthdays, taking in sporting events, hanging out at each other's houses or just a simple Saturday meet-up in Seattle, we have not let that 3 hour (or 5 hour on a holiday) drive to deter us from hanging out.



Comments

Anonymous said…
you guys are so good at being deliberate do-life-togetherers. love those priorities.

Popular Posts