Some overdue updates.

We had the dogs back for the Christmas holiday.
I know....shocking.
The owners were horrified at the poodle-doo and poodle-pee incidents and offered to professionally clean our carpets, buy new bed linens, and give us every last ounce of their blood.
They absolutely understood if we decided not to keep the dogs over Christmas BUT we really felt obligated to watch them since we had already committed and the owners made plans accordingly.
I decided to not freak out about the pee and Matt promised to clean it all up TO MY STANDARDS.
We had them for 10 days and they were perfect little poodle angels.  One of them peed once and Matt accepted full responsibility (because he is a horrible dog borrower and rarely remembers to feed and walk the dogs).  A little part of me actually misses snuggling with those little fuzz balls.

That blacklight never worked properly.  I shined the light on a spot where I just witnessed the dog pee and nothing showed up.
I'm guessing that the light the CSI people use is not one that is found at walmart on a late night run to analyze foreign substances on carpet.
The flashlight was pretty effective at locating lost legos and such under the couch, until it rolled off the counter, fell on the floor and broke.
The flashlight lasted 2 weeks.

The boys got their toilet seat back, but are dangerously close to losing it again.
I'm not exactly sure what Eli did to take care of the pooty duty for 2 weeks.  He said he planned to "hover".
He may have actually done that because today when I was buying him jeans we had a horrible time finding jeans small enough for his waist, long enough for his legs, and wide enough for his disproportionately monsterous thighs.

I was back at the Walmarts the other night.  I didn't get robbed, didn't witness anymore thievery, and nobody was skimping on their baby formula to buy liquor.  It was a nice visit.
However, one week after the great Walmarts heist I witnessed another heist type activity at Walmarts step-sister Kohls.
No kidding.
I'm in my van out in front of Kohls and I'm totally irritated that this white hatchback is just lingering in front of the doors.  Not unloading or loading, not moving, and not waiting on traffic.  It was just blocking the road sitting there.  And then KABLAMO!!  A guy comes blasting out of the doors of Kohls with a cart full of stuff, crams it into the car, and then the car peels out.
I must live in the ghetto.




Comments

Anonymous said…
love the updates. impressed with the hover. must know if you got a pic of the kohls heist. i think your in my head- i keep imagining heists all around me. What an exciting life you live!

Popular Posts