Sometimes you just got to soak up the rain.

I was looking through our digital photo library tonight for a few specific photos...and got lost there for about 3 hours.
I came across these gems and of all the thousands of photos I flipped through these pulled at my heart strings.
Oh the freedom of dancing in the rain.
I love it.
Oh how I miss this little boys.
Those sweet innocent little smiles, chubby cheeks and carefree hearts.
What would I give to go back in time for just 5 minutes, to dance in the courtyard with them?



And then I starting asking myself the deeper, harder, questions:
When was the last time I danced in the rain?  Am I encouraging the boys to live to the fullest?
Have the boys lost that sparkle that embraces the moment even if it means getting soaked, freezing, and stepping on a worm with your barefoot?
How can I balance being the mom who plays video games, belts out song lyrics in the car, plays board games and watches an entire episode of favorite tv shows with the mom who makes sure dinner is made, homework is done, laundry is cleaned and everyone gets to every practice that they need to be at on time?
I want to be the mom they can come to, to talk about anything, the mom they want to be the chaperone for school field trips or the house they want to stay at.  But I also have to make hard choices for the kids, give them consequences, teach them to be responsible.
I know those days of them being little was hard, but my heart so desires a few more minutes to just dance in the rain.

Comments

Anonymous said…
oh those sweet boys and that lovely courtyard. nothing but fond memories. i have a hard time finding that balance. i want it all but i can do nothing except through Him who gives me strength.

Popular Posts