Dress rehearsal

The first day of school is Wednesday.
I'll spare you and myself the pain of reviewing all the things I didn't accomplish this summer.
Since Wednesday is the first day of the school that makes tomorrow dress rehearsal.  We are all going to bed at a reasonable hour tonight and then getting up tomorrow as if it is the real deal.
On a good day I make the next day's lunches and figure out what I'm wearing before I go bed.
Some days I don't bother with this and then frantically throw on whatever I can get my hands on, change twice, wake Gabe up late, and then put some granola bars in a bag and call it "lunch".
I'm either not taking the dress rehearsal very serious this year or I am trying to challenge myself. I did not make lunches, or ensure there is even groceries in the house for breakfast and lunch, and I have no idea what I am going to wear tomorrow that doesn't involve comfy pants (fine they were jammie's and I wore them all day today).
I set my alarm.
That is pretty much the only thing I did to prepare for tomorrow.
If I were analyzing myself, I would suggest this lackadaisical attitude toward dress rehearsal is a reflection of my attitude toward my job this year. I don't care what I wear or how late I get to work because my job is dumb.
Or maybe that is just the two-year old tantrum I'm throwing because I don't like a lot of what is going on with my job and it is easier to throw a fit than work hard to power through the changes. 
10pm has come and gone.
I guess I should at least get to bed so I can valiantly face tomorrow's challenge of the unprepared mom vs the day.

Comments

Popular Posts