Sometimes I consider myself a planner.
But then I meet a PLANNER and I realize I'm actually not as much of a planner as I thought.
I'm a planner in the sense that I know way in advance where I'm going to be on holiday weekends.  But I am not a planner in the sense that I know exactly what I will be doing at what time while on the holiday getaway.
Maybe I'm just a plan aheader.
Anyway.
I also don't tend to dream about what I want to do and where I want to go in the future.  Just the other day Matt asked what I dreamed I would do when the boys get older.  My answer "I never imagined them getting older".
I, of course realize that they will get older, but my imagination never went there.
They are my boys and they need me like it or not and I just never imagine a time when they don't.
I think the realist in me, and maybe denial, stifles my dreaming capabilities.
Or perhaps, up to this point in my life, my reality is already more than I could have ever dreamed, so I don't worry about dreaming.
So being that I don't plan small details of my life and I don't have big dreams it follows that I have never made a bucket list.
There has never been anything that I am so passionate about doing that I feel I simply must complete the thing before I die.
I did make a list of cities that the budget airline Ryan Air serviced and tried to tick off all of them while we lived in Germany.  Less about being a bucket list of places I had dreamed of going and more about the fact that I need a good bargain so I wanted to visit all the cities I could on the bargain plan.

Now, for the first time that I can recall, I have a bucket list.
Is it a list if there is only one thing on it?

1.  I want to witness a flashmob in person.

I see videos all the time of some amazing flashmob to welcome someone home, or ask someone to get married, or sing some awesome christmas carol in the middle of a mall.
I want a flashmob.
That's my bucket list item.


Comments

Popular Posts