Good News Bad News

Good news!  I didn't fall off the face of the earth, get sick, lose my ability to type or have my computer die.  So technically I am available to blog something so amazing that it will indeed change your life.
Bad news! I really don't have anything awesome in my head to blog about.

I am a little excited for January to be over.  The only thing really exciting that happens in January is our anniversary weekend.  Other than that it is: put away all the Christmas stuff and realize your house is super empty without it, send kids back to school, try not to slip on the icy sidewalks, try not to crumble under the pressure of New Year's resolutions and forget a 1000 times to write 2013 instead of 2012.

I think I have mentioned before that I have post-Christmas depression.  Like post-partum except following Christmas not the birth of a child and more of an emotional thing than a hormonal thing - so actually nothing like post-partum at all.  Anyway, I always get cranky in January.  I do not like this month so I am quite pleased that I am almost through it without any major mental breakdown.

Our anniversary usually falls right in line with the MLK four day weekend, which is awesome.  So this year Matt and I headed off to our closest neighboring country, Canada, for a lovely getaway.  It was great.  We had an exorbitantly over-priced anniversary dinner (which we loved every moment of), roamed aimlessly through Vancouver streets, went to a hockey game, and went skiing.  Fabulous.  All while the kids were tucked away back in the US with my cousins enjoying every moment of their vacation from us!

This year Matt gave me the coolest gift ever!  Sunday his beloved 49rs were playing a play-off game that would determine who would go to the SuperBowl.  Big deal for Matt.  Really big deal.  The game started at noon.  Noon?  I thought we would have to be back at my cousin's house by the time the game started because it was such a big deal.  I was bummed we would be forfeiting a whole day of vacation just so we could go back and watch the game.  But.... happy anniversary to me....Matt asked my cousin to record the game and we went skiing instead of watching it.  Awesome.  I know how much he loves football and particularly loves the 49rs, so I knew this was a sacrifice for him, but he loves me that much!

The only other highlight of this month is that after sitting through 3 hours of basketball two weekends ago I won a door prize.  30 day gym membership.  Woohoo.  And it isn't a strings attached deal either.  Just 30 days to use a local gym compliments of Upward Basketball!  I headed to my first group workout class called Body Works.  It is a hour long weightlifting class.  I walk in and see it is totally filled with old ladies and old guys.  Well, since I was already there, I set up and went for it.  Those old folks are tough.  I can barely move my arms today and I'm honestly getting ready to go take a nap.  When I'm old I want to kick some booty at the gym like these people.  Wow.  After this I'm afraid to try the geriatric aquafit class!

Comments

Popular Posts