Eloquence

I find it odd and yet rather frequent that I discover a truth in a two part series.  Sometimes it seems as though I saw part two before the first but it all sinks in I have a nice little clear message.

Yesterday in church we were extremely late and missed the whole first part of worship.  Thankfully we arrived just in time to hear one of the most beautiful songs.  Our music pastor is a songwriter, a very good song writer, and often busts out with a brand new song specifically for a Sunday morning message.  Crazy talented.  So yesterday the song's message was one I hadn't heard before.  I wish I had a link here to share it with you but that is the unfortunate part of last minute song-writing, it isn't recorded anywhere yet!  The song was about the how the cries of our heart being more beautiful than a sweet hallelujah. Some of the lines in the song were a woman fighting to live, a man begging not to die, cries of fear and pain, sorrow and loss.  I absolutely love this image of God being so moved when we finally cry out to Him in our time of need.  Not to say praises are not wonderful, but to be called on to be the healer, redeemer, comforter, friend that He wants to be to us must be such a sweet incense.

Today, as I was reading Ephesians 6, I came to verse 19 "pray also for me, that whenever I speak, wordy may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel" and I thought "man I wish I were so eloquent in my prayers".

Ah but what did I learn yesterday?  It isn't the eloquent words that really grip the heart of God, it is the ones that come straight out of my heart all blubbery and non-sensical.

Comments

Rachael said…
love it. so true. sometimes what even makes my prayer life hard- when I don't have any current passionate needs . . . i then find myself longing for a trial but then wiping that thought away as i also am fearful of a trial . . .

Popular Posts