Unfashionable

Yesterday was picture day for basketball.  I show up for the team photo but have no desire to buy the photo or any other photos.  I honestly am not a fan of weird sports photos.  Now, I do love a good football or baseball photo where the kid is actually on the field but the fake basketball ones, not so much.
Anyway, I bought a set of wallets so that I looked like I was supportive and so I could scan the photo and have it forever so as to prevent me from earning the horrible mother award.
Gabe was fine with the wallets.  Eli didn't want wallets, he wanted a photo dog tag.  How weird is it to walk around with a picture of yourself holding a basketball on a plastic tag around your neck?  Weird.  I don't care how old you are, it is unfashionable and not worth the $9 they were charging.
I told Eli I was pretty sure I could order him a dog tag from some other company for less and we could customize it to whatever we want.
He threw up the idea of a picture of him and the love of his life, Mary, but that seems a little inappropriate for 10 year olds.  So, I suggested words that mean something to him or maybe a saying.
He said "oh I know exactly what it should say, 2 Timothy 2:15".
I asked "why?" He responded by quoting the verse "Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth".
He said wearing the dog tag with this verse reference will remind him not to be ashamed for being a follower of Christ and knowing and walking in Truth.
Yes!  Much better than a weird picture of himself with a basketball.
Consider it done son!

Comments

Unknown said…
These are the moments I live for!

Popular Posts