Today I woke up and snuggled with Matt for a few minutes before I got out of bed.  Because I can.  My loving, adoring husband is right there next to me to say "good morning" and help me start my day.  Not every wife has that luxury.
Today I dropped the kids off at school.  A school they feel safe in, they enjoy, and where they are learning new and exciting things.  A school where their teachers genuinely care about them and are lighting fires of interest in academia, music and leadership.
Today I put on my running shoes and ran 4 miles.  Because I can.  I'm afforded the time in my day and the health to go for a morning run.  A luxury I may not always have.
Today I planned my running route so that I could swing by my local ballot drop box to cast my ballot.  Because I can.  Because my forefathers saw it fit to risk everything to establish a "more perfect union" in which people are afforded rights and freedoms and the power to be represented on local, state, and national levels.  Because women who went before me, fought for our right to be counted.
Today I prayed for my family, my friends and my Nation.  Because I can. "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need" Heb 4:16.

Comments

Popular Posts