Advent 2012!

This year for Advent rather than stuffing my Advent pocket calendar with candy, I stuffed it with strips of paper with the words of a Christmas carol.
I decided to lead the family through the Advent season through Christmas carols.  Each day we will talk about a different topic and sing a corresponding carol.
The Sunday topics are Hope, Love, Peace and Joy and we will light the Advent candles accordingly.  The weekly topics cover the long awaited Messiah, the significance of Bethlehem, the Shepherds, Mary, Gifts, Angels, Kings, and much more.
We'll read scripture about each person, place, or thing, I'll teach a little lesson on said topic and then we'll sing and eat some candy!
At least 2 of the Saturday nights we have fun Christmas activities planned (watching Scrooge the musical and going to Leavenworth to the Christmas Markets) on those nights we'll skip the carols and the Biblical lessons and focus on the events that we are sharing as a family.  On a few other nights we will learn the history of current Christmas traditions and sing a modern fun carol.
I'm so excited to put my own personal spin on this Advent season!

Comments

Popular Posts