Follow Up

This past Monday I was at the doctor's office with Gabe. I came prepared. I had my coffee in hand and phone charged for a little gaming entertainment while I waited for the doctor.
Two days ago I was attempting to get a to-go cup of Joe for Matt when alas I couldn't find a to-go cup. Naturally, I blamed Matt for losing it. Fast forward to Thursday, I was at the clinic (for a visit completely unrelated to Gabe and his potential pox) when I noticed something familiar in the vitals room. My to-go mug! I was never actually in this room with Gabe, but this room is just next door to the room he was in and that is the exact same style of stainless steel to-go mug that I was sipping from on Monday. What to do? Snatch it and if questioned tell them "its mine and I want it back". Ask "perchance is this the mug I left here on Monday?" What if they say it is theirs? Do I arm wrestle for it? What is the protocol for retrieving something that may or may not be yours? I left it there on the sink in the vitals room. I returned home an apologized to Matt for accusing him of losing the mug and have since stewed over why I didn't just ask about it.
At Gabe's visit Monday, when I - not Matt - lost the mug, he was tested for chicken pox. That was Monday. He was put on quarantine until the results of the test could confirm or deny chicken pox. Today is Friday....still no results.
What is the point of doing lab work on something that will run its cycle and be gone long before the lab results come back? Like getting a pregnancy test that doesn't come back with results for 9 months. It seems to me that lab work on something like Chicken Pox should be returned within 24 hours. If it is chicken pox - alert the media - if not, then the poor quarantined child can be set free. But that is just what seems logical to me so obviously that isn't how things are done.

Comments

Rachael said…
i do that ALL the time to Ryan- good for you to apologize when you learned the truth . . . i can learn from that!

Popular Posts