TP or Jesus?

I spent the last five minutes trying to decide if I wanted to write about toilet paper or Christmas. I was using a public toilet tonight when I got a flash of those lame toilet paper squares in the bathroom in my Junior High. You know, the kind that comes out like a napkin dispenser but it is actually 4x4 squares of the thinnest tissue ever. But then my head was going all sorts of weird places surrounding toilet paper and I decided that Christmas was a more suitable topic.
Tonight as I was listening to the AWANA kids quote their scripture verses and one in particular struck me. Philippians 2:9-11. It isn't a typical Christmas verse but tonight, it reminded me of Christ's birth.
"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Now read it again with excitement like you are reading to a two year old:
"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Jesus the name the angel Gabriel gave Mary.
Jesus the name above all names.
Jesus the long awaited Messiah.
Jesus our savior.
Jesus the perfecter.
Jesus our hope.
Jesus our Lord.
Jesus who humbled himself and came to this world, became human, and suffered death on a cross, for me.
Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts