Christmas at 642 Jackson Street


The boys woke up this morning around 8am and quietly waited in their room for permission to bolt through the living room door to see what gifts await them.
One flick of the "on" button and coffee was brewing, the cameras were ready, and the boys were released. Squeals of excitement filled the air followed by "what's this?" Oops. Minor glitch, I put Eli's gifts in Gabe's stocking and Gabe didn't know what in the world he was supposed to be excited about. I quickly rectified the situation and yelling and laughter was back on track.
We opened gifts and tested each one out. Eli took his in-line skates for a test drive, Gabe wore his Viking hat over his new cap while yielding his sword and shield, and I went for a walk in my new rain boots to take out the trash. There was only a few minor injuries from the light saber fight and only one gift has to be returned due to an improper electronic paring. Gift opening was a lot of fun for everyone, and we were all really happy with our gifts.
We had a lovely dinner and then it happened - all was calm. Milli overdosed on tryptophan and headed to her room for a nap, Matt got sucked in to his new snuggie and curled up on the couch, and the boys each disappeared to play with their new toys. It was eerily quiet. I finished up the dishes while listening to Christmas carols and couldn't help but be amazed by the silence in my house on Christmas!
I enjoyed the quiet and the twinkling lights while I could because I knew it would be over soon. The DS would run out of batteries, the knight set would get old, and nap time would come to a quick halt when I couldn't contain my laughter while trying to take a picture of Matt in his snuggie. As quick as it came, the silence disappeared!
Now, more Christmas music is playing, Matt is working on Play Mobil assembly, round two of coffee is brewing, it is time to break out dessert, and then - after an entire day of waiting - we will get to call our friends and family back in the States.
It is a good Christmas here on Jackson. I hope that the same is true in the homes of each of our friends and family.
Merry Christmas!

Comments

Unknown said…
we loved hearing your lovely voices today! Oh how we miss you!

PS- Please don't hold back on those snuggie pics of Matt!!

Popular Posts