No more books or electronics . . .

on the toilet.
When your house has one toilet and there are 4+ people living in your house, desperate times call for desperate measures.
Effective January 1st 2010 nobody is allowed to bring hand-held electronic devices or books into the bathroom.
I am partially to blame for my children's desire to play with games or read while on the toilet. I started the trend while potty training them. I placed them on the toilet and loaded up a basket next to the toilet with books, cars, a view master, leapster, you name it. While I removed the basket from the bathroom once they were potty trained, they manage to bring in their own books and toys into the bathroom to occupy them while they are taking care of business. This wouldn't be an issue if we didn't have just one bathroom, but given our toilet situation, there is no place in this house for toilet entertainment.
Now, I just have to figure out how to enforce the new policy.

Comments

Popular Posts