Picture worth a thousand words.

This past spring my Grandpa left the comfort of his home and the companionship of his wife to move into an assisted living facility. Although it broke his heart to leave my grandma, he knew that she physically could not take care of him any longer. He has settled in reasonably well at the home and is accepting this life he now lives.
My grandma still hopes and prays that one day grandpa will come home, but in the meantime she visits him every other day, fusses over what he eats, and keeps all the doctors in check.
Every once in a while, when grandpa is strong enough he gets to take a field trip to my parents house. Today, was one of the those good days. He spent some time over at my parents house surrounded by family and good food with real flavor. This is such a beautiful picture of my grandparents together. I missed the special day, but I'll treasure this photo until I get to see them again.

Comments

Popular Posts