"Don't stress about your s"!

Thanks for the help with newsletter names. In the end, I opted for The Source: A tool for small group leaders. However, I made a minor error when I sent out my first issue tonight and the headline actually reads The Source: A tool for small group leader. What a way to make a first impression.
I think 50% of my subscribers (subscribers is a loose term - I force this upon them) will probably not notice the error. 25% will notice and think it sounds weird. 10% won't even open the email. And only 15% will notice, and take the time to point out my error.
I was really upset over missing such an important detail. As I was talking, or whining, to a friend of mine about it, she so eloquently said "don't stress about your s". She is right. Not only in the case of my newsletter, but I think this should be my motto for life.
The missing s is one small part gone wrong, in the sea a letters, thoughts, and handy links that went right in the newsletter. How many times have I stressed about the s? Probably a 100 times a day, I am so focused on the things I don't fit into my day that I don't see all of the things that I did.
Today I got both boys to school on time after feeding them a good breakfast and packing up their lunch. I ran a few miles at the gym and lifted weights. I talked to my sister about the book I'm currently reading. I played board games with Gabe for an entire hour without interruption. I helped Eli learn his bible verse for the day and remembered to change the batteries in Gabe's vacuum. I sent out a newsletter that will hopefully be a valuable resource to about 100 leaders in our church. And . . . I left out an s.
I can live with that.

Comments

Suzann said…
We got The Source and I didn'y miss it at all. Great job!!

Popular Posts