Busy Days

It is the end of November. Where did this month go? I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week, Christmas right around the corner, and then before I know it I'll be ringing in 2009.
I've been busy this past week getting ready for our big trip to Alabama. There was so much to be done, not just for the trip but also for the return. Mika and Madison will be joining us on the return trip and staying for the month of December and Christmas festivities are already lining up beginning with a party here on the 7th.
Our Alabama Thanksgiving will most likely be spent at Cracker Barrel this year. Our choices in Po Folks, Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral and the chow hall. Have you been to Po Folks or Golden Corral?
So, I'm heading off in the morning for a 14 hour drive. I'll actually be breaking it up by heading to Atlanta for the first 10 hours and finishing off the trip Sunday morning. I am completely dreading the drive. The boys are great, they entertain themselves with a backpack of toys, intermittent movies, and just watching as the world goes by. However, I am not easily amused by listening to the movie, spelling random words for the boys, or trying not to say anything mean as Eli "sings" at the top of his lungs his own rendition of Yellow Submarine. I entertain myself by calculating how long it will take me to get to the next stop - at least 4 times an hour, I talk on the phone when there is reception, and I create little stories in my head, and practice my German as long as the boys will tolerate it.
This trip I am going to try and listen to a book on my ipod. I have spent much of the night tonight trying to get the "book" on my ipod. I'm really hoping that I get the whole book on there. How much will it stink if suddenly one chapter, or even a page goes missing and I get confused? It could go either way. I could totally get into it and time will fly by. I may not even want to get out of the car because I'm so engaged in the novel. Or, I could fall asleep like I do when I try and read in bed and then . . . . .
Matt keeps asking if I am excited to come down there. As my to-do list is now quite short, and all that is left to do is get some sleep and head out in the morning, I am actually looking forward to a week away, even if it is to Alabama.

Comments

Popular Posts