New Favorite Things

Listening to a book on cd/mp3 while driving. I'm not sure why I haven't listened to a book on cd prior to yesterday, but now that I've tried it, I'm hooked.
I listened to the book A Thousand Splendid Suns nearly every minute of the 10 hour drive yesterday. I stopped listening for our meal stops, while getting gas, and when people called to check on how the drive was going.
I woke up this morning almost excited to get back on the road and to finish my book. 3 more cds and about 3 more hours of listening intently.
The drive went by so fast as I mindlessly drove and listened to the story unfold. The only downside was I was listening with earbuds and no matter how nice the earbuds are, after 10 hours, it still hurts.

Comments

Suzann said…
I've listened to books on my ipod for years. Listening to a good mystery while working out is good, too, because you want to put your headphones on and head out for a run because you want to know what happened next! It's great. And with our great libraries, you will never run out of stuff :0)

Popular Posts