Happy Birthday to me!

This past Saturday I celebrated my 32nd birthday. My day started off a little rough, I woke up to the boys fighting. After leisurely getting dressed and ready, the boys and I headed off to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. If you have never had Cracker Barrel pancakes you are seriously missing out. They are so good. It is a southern style breakfast joint, and it is possible the pancakes are so tasty because they are fried in pure fat. The edges are the best part because they are really crispy and taste a lot like those deep fried elephant ears you get at the fair. Mmm.
So, after our breakfast treat I took the boys to Color Me Mine, a paint your own pottery shop in Manassas. It was a last minute decision. Up until the morning of my birthday the boys were insisting that we go to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate. Just before leaving for breakfast I thought of the pottery idea and was excited and nervous to spent some time painting with the boys. Although Gabe was bored and tired with the painting after 45 minutes or so, he did a great job on his artwork and being good while Eli and I continued painting.
After the adventures in painting, we returned home and the boys brought me out a bounty of gifts. They went "shopping" in their rooms and then wrapped up the gifts for me. I'll post pictures later. It was so cute. So, I opened an mp3 player, Moe - the webkin chicken, a stuffed animal frog and a love note from Eli, and a book, stuffed animal monkey, and something else from Gabe.
We rested, and recovered from the busy morning and then I took the boys over to our friend Ryan's house later that night. Ryan agreed to babysit the boys for me while his wife Rachael and I, along with another friend Samantha went out for a night on the town. We ate dinner and walked around Georgetown. I truly enjoyed the entire night. It was great to be in the company of some wonderful friends and to just enjoy being together in a beautiful city.
Their gift to me was this night. When I arrived home at 1am (whew that is late for me) I thought to myself what a great gift the evening was. Any material thing will eventually fade away, but the memories of this night will stay with for many years.
It was a good birthday.

Comments

Popular Posts