Hope in a Roll


I was in the grocery store the other day and took a peek down the cleaner/paper product aisle, I was shocked at this toilet paper display!  I didn't actually need toilet paper, so I didn't buy any, but just the sight of the toilet paper gave me hope.  One day the shelves will be filled again with toilet paper, hand wipes, sanitizer, an all of the other cleaning supplies that fall in the "unicorn" category right now.  Ev

One day we will move about, cautiously but freely.  We will return to gatherings and meals out, we will be educating our kids and celebrating at sporting events and concerts.  Nobody will be overly worried about getting supplies, because they will be right there on the shelves where we expect them to be.

This current way of life will not become our forever reality.

As moments of fear have passed over me, I am reminded of the last days that I was pregnant with Eli. People promised that all the misery of being over-pregnant would come to an end soon.  "Nobody was ever pregnant forever" people would say.  And even during delivery, no matter how painful and exhausting labor was, I knew that at some point this too would end.  I would be able to breathe again - I just had to get through that time of pain and exhaustion.  This too seems like a time of labor, a time of uncertainty and being just overwhelmed at all of the feelings rushing over us but in the back of my mind, I know it will come to an end, eventually.

So there I was in the QFC standing before a shrine of butt wipe with a smile on my face - the joy that was found in seeing those rolls on the shelves.  Supply will be replenished eventually, we will get through this, and hopefully have a lot of great stories to share when it is over.





Comments

Popular Posts