LWD

Little White Dress.
It is like the little black dress but MUCH MUCH more difficult to find.
Black is just that, it is black.  There really isn't a huge variation in black.
White on the other hand...winter white, summer white, optic white, snow white.  These are tough descriptions to interpret online.
How do I know if it is actually just white?
Even in person you have to find something you know to be white and then do some comparison action.

Thanks to pinterest and reality tv shows I am attending a white party dinner in a few weeks and it is killing me.  The party is a dressy birthday dinner on a beach followed by dancing not on a beach.

My requirements were to find a dress under $100, actual white - not some variation - and it needed to cover all my lady parts.
My preference was that I not look like a bride or bridesmaid, like I was on my way to an important work meeting or like I rolled out of bed wearing my jammies.  I also needed the dress to be somewhat age appropriate.

I can't calculate the entire amount of time dedicated to the great search for a white dress but I can tell you it is likely somewhere around 48 hours.  I spent a day shopping in person and then at least a day shopping online.  I have spent around $280 on dresses and returned them all.  Amazon probably hates me. I definitely made good use of my prime benefits in two weeks alone.

You may be sitting there, reading this thinking "she must be picky" or "she's crazy, finding a white dress isn't that hard".  To you, doubting Thomas, I say try it!  I think you will find it isn't as easy as it should be.

Now that I have a workable dress, not necessarily what I want, but something that will work just fine, I have to help Matt get his outfit.

Comments

Popular Posts